Boy am I late on this 🙂 Officially fall started on September 22nd but Winter does not officially start until December 21st so I’m in the “safe zone”. Better late than never right?
As you may have read in my #EatPrayDrinkTour posts, this was an action packed summer. That doesn’t mean I didn’t have a chance to write down some of my new discoveries, things that helped make this summer so special!
- La Colombe Draft Latte. My love for coffee runs deep. I discovered Draft Latte’s at La Colombe some time ago but this summer I found the canned version and I have to tell you that it changed my life. That is a bit of an exaggeration of course but not much. This stuff is so good that it can easily be chugged. You do have to keep in mind however that it is equivalent to 1.5 cups of coffee so proceed with chugging cautiously. The upside is that is only 120 calories per can so it is worth every delicious sip. If you haven’t tried one, imagine a non-sugary Wendy’s frosty with wholesome and top-tier ingredients. That is the only way I can think to describe it but it in no way does it justice.
- Be Brave Bucket Bag. My niece Bailey recently started a new business called Chai in Cashmere. She is a fellow for an amazing company called Sseko which is based in Uganda. Their mission is to use fashion to provide employment and scholarship opportunities to women pursuing their dreams and overcoming poverty. As Bailey’s aunt, it is important for me to support everything she does and if I can do that by shopping, well even better! I made a few purchases but fell in love with my Be Brave bucket bag. I used this bag all summer long. From the grocery store to the beach, it was not only beautiful but broadcasted an inspiring message. Knowing that the dollars used to purchase it also do a whole lot of good makes it even better.
- Beads. The hubs discovered he had a knack for making beaded bracelets. He calls them his vibes. Before we found out he had this amazing skill, we purchased a few of our own so that we could learn about sizing, the different kinds of beads, and what tools were necessary. I completely copied him and started wearing my bracelets every day. For whatever reason, they felt empowering and hopeful. These bracelets are also a big part of the hubs’ Spread the Positive Vibes movement. I was given the multi-colored bracelet from a Buddhist monk here in Philly but the rest are from the hubs himself.
- Disney Magic Bands. When the hubs asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday this year, I instantly knew the answer. I wanted to go to Universal Studios and visit Harry Potter World. I mean what else does one do when turning 40? To my surprise, he planned an entire week long vacation to Disney and Universal as a present. He hasn’t told me anything about the trip yet. All I know is that we leave on November 16th. It is a combo birthday/anniversary gift and we have fast pass bracelets. The only reason I know the last part is because they came in the mail and if there is a box delivered to our house, I’m opening it. It should be noted that I am not easy to surprise. I consider myself to be somewhat stealthy and super inquisitive. In all the years we have been together, he hasn’t had much luck in getting something past me. This time, however I am clueless and I could not be more excited. When I saw those bracelets, I instantly felt like a child. It’s the most perfect birthday present!
- Catching up with friends. Above all, my favorite thing this summer was catching up with friends, old and new. I got to travel quite a bit this summer. Portland, Laguna Beach, Key West and having friends come visit us here in Philly; it was a summer of adventure. This is something we all need to do more of. Take time out of your busy schedule and call, write, or visit your friends. Tell them you love them.